A computerized tomography (CT) scan combines a series of X-ray images taken from different angles around your body and uses computer processing to create cross-sectional images (slices) of the bones, blood vessels and soft tissues inside your body. CT scan images provide more-detailed information than plain X-rays do.
Your doctor may recommend a CT scan to help:
- Diagnose muscle and bone disorders, such as bone tumors and fractures.
- Pinpoint the location of a tumor, infection or blood clot.
- Guide procedures such as surgery, biopsy and radiation therapy.
- Detect and monitor diseases and conditions such as cancer, heart disease, lung nodules and liver masses.
- Monitor the effectiveness of certain treatments, such as cancer treatment
- Detect internal injuries and internal bleeding.
We at ACCORD Hospitals have our very own 32 slice CT scan machine that can help get detailed diagnosis of damage to bones, injuries to internal organs, problems with blood flow, stroke, and cancer. We have a team of highly skilled radiologists, technicians and renowned cardiologists that will help perform your test seamlessly and evaluate your test results.
Book your appointment today!